Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week 20

Two weeks without any PT or doc visits. My range of motion is fine, except for the behind the back "police move." I don't suffer from any severe pain, even when lifting my arm straight up with an eight-pound weight. I do, however, still feel the tendonitis, but that is nothing the prevents me from anything important in my daily life. One of my PT's last statements was, "increased range of motion will lead to increased strength." He was right, ROM and strength feed off each other. I haven't done much weight lifting the last weeks, but when I do, it's much easier than before. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad things are going well for you. I saw my Dr. today. He saw no bone healing since 3 weeks ago. He put me back in the sling and stopped PT for 4 weeks. He said I was pushing to much!

Per said...

I'm sorry to hear that. So the bone was healed enough for PT, but then it didn't improve? From what I've heard, motion would stimulate bone healing.

orthopedics nyc said...

Hope you are completely alright now and your bones are settled properly.