Thursday, February 5, 2009

Week 3


On my second visit, January 8, the brace had shifted a bit, so it had to be reajusted. This was something I was supposed to have done myself. The tightening resulted in an extra set of x-rays, and the the angle changed from 16 to 14 degrees. And for this visit I started to bring the camera to document the process.

It was still not possible to sleep in my bed--I tried to lay down a couple of times, but it was too painful for my arm--and sometimes the bone ends hit each other and created a painless, but very audible click.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I broke my humerus 2 weeks ago so entering week 3 now. I wanted to thank you for this blog it's been really helpful. It's had been tough on me and my wife. I was wondering if you could comment on when you started to get any stability in your arm?

Claire O said...

By week 3 for me I could no longer stand the sleep deprivation of trying to sleep upright. I therefore went against the advice and started to sleep flat on my back with my arm still in the sling but by my side and pillows either side do I couldn't roll around.